From our article you will learn how to make a frog out of paper. It seems to me that in my childhood every child knew how to turn a simple piece of paper into a boat, airplane, flower or frog. We organized competitions, whose airplane lasted longer in the air, whose frog jumps further.
Now in the realities of the modern world, phones, gadgets and modern entertainment have replaced simple and familiar crafts from paper, origami. But it seems to me that the children are still the same. They just need to show that a paper airplane, a paper frog – is also fun and even useful. Since the origami class brings up the child’s quick wit, observation, develops fine motor skills. Let’s give our children a childhood. It is in our hands to show them that this can be done in general. That a simple piece of paper, in skillful hands, can turn into a work of art.
Sometimes it’s very interesting to watch as an adult, with excitement, for the first time collects a frog from paper, and a sincere, childish smile appears on his face when he finds out that she will now also jump.
Favorite paper craft
One of my favorite paper crafts is the frog. Once in childhood, it seemed to me that to fold a frog, so that it would also jump, it is up to mastery of origami. And for a long time I could not do it. Of course, when I read more about frog matters, it turned out that there was nothing complicated there. Everyone can collect a paper frog, you just need to carefully follow the schemes and everything will work out.
In the article, we will analyze several interesting and simple schemes by which you can make a frog out of paper. We also found a lot of interesting videos and pictures for you, such as paper frogs. As an example, consider the instructions on how to make a paper frog using the origami technique. Also, a frog can be made from modules (we considered this technique in one of our articles LINK) and you can make an interesting application.
Let’s start creating our frog.
Simple paper frog
Let’s make a simple paper frog familiar to all of us since childhood
- Take a square sheet of paper;
- Bend it in half, repeat the steps in figure 2,3,4;
- Now it will be easier for us to make our frog along the fold lines, in front of you is a rectangle, bend the upper right and upper left corners inward, you should get a rectangle (Figure 5);
- Bend the triangle to the left and right corners (Figure 6);
- Now we need to make paws, bend in half from the center those elements with which we worked in the previous step, do this for each side (Figure 7);
- Turn over our crafts (Figure 8);
- Repeat step 4 only for the other side, bend the left and right corner of the triangle to the center (Figure 9, 10);
- You can make eyes, the upper corner (muzzle) consists of several parts, bend the top layer of paper to make eyes (Figure 11);
- Now we need to make our frog jump. Fold as if into accordion the lower part of the frog (Figure 12.13);
Very jumping paper frog
The technique of making this frog is somewhat similar to the previous one, all you need is a square piece of paper.
- Take a square sheet of paper, bend it in half (Figure 1);
- Now we need to take turns bending each corner in half as shown in figure 2,3,4,5;
- We need to make a triangle, bend the right and left sides of the conditional square inward (Figure 6);
- Make the frog’s legs, bend the triangle to the left and right (fig. 7);
- Fold in half (up) the lower part of the craft (Figure 8);
- Fold the embers of the craft as shown in Figure 9;
- Fold the bottom of the poor frog in half (Figure 10);
- At the bottom, we have a rectangle formed, bend down the upper left and upper right corners of the rectangle (Figure 11);
- Open the formed pockets on the left and right sides. Just straighten the corners, as shown in Figure 12.13;
- We make the hind legs of the frog. Bend down the right and left corners of the trapezoid from the previous step (Figure 14), also bend them in half from the center. You got paws;
- It is necessary to make our frog jump, make an accordion from the bottom of our crafts (Figure 15, 16);
More examples of paper frogs
Origami modular frog