A paper sword is not just a toy, but an indispensable attribute of a knight, a samurai, a noble protector. In the modern world, the manufacture of swords is a true art, in order to make his first samurai sword, a blacksmith has been studying this craft for about seven years. We do not need to study for so long to make a paper sword, just look through the instructions, and a couple of videos for a better understanding, and the sword is ready.
From popular films and cartoons, we have often seen how a valiant knight draws his sword with incredible power. And it seems to us that it is very heavy, in fact, often the sword did not weigh more than two kilograms. Indeed, though strong men during the battle, they tired very quickly if the sword was too heavy. And in their hands, by the way, is not only a sword, but also a shield, which is important in battle.
For our domestic knights, we will make a paper weightless sword. You can use the idea of knights and defenders not only as a game, but also for the New Year’s matinee. Not a single boy will refuse to stay a day, in the role of a knight. You can not limit yourself only to a paper sword, you can fully outfit your knight with shield armor, for greater credibility you can also decorate your craft.
If your child is not very keen on knights and samurai, he can be offered the role of a pirate. For this character, you can also make an original paper blade. Diluting the image with a pirate hat and boots.
Crafts made from paper is a useful and fascinating hobby
Paper crafts is a useful hobby for adults and children, it is fun and interesting. A paper sword can be made in different ways, using the origami technique, and simply cut from thick cardboard using a stencil, and then decorate your resulting craft, everything is in your hands the main desire. And in order to betray more realism to your product, you can wrap the film with foil. So the sword will be more like a real one.
In our article, we will look at several ways to make a sword out of paper. We picked up some interesting instructions and videos for you.
Origami paper sword
- In order to make a sword we need one square sheet of paper.
- Connect the upper and lower corners of the rhombus in the middle (Figure 2);
- Turn the figure over, bend a sheet of paper as shown in Figure 3;
- Invert the resulting figure, bend up the vertices of the rhombus connected at stage 1 (Figure 4);
- Now we need to make the handle of our sword. Fold up the bottom of the figure and bend it back (Figure 4.6);
- Bend the bottom of the figure to the fold line, as shown in figure 7.8;
- Craft need to be made thinner than our conventional blade
- In more detail how to make the handle of the sword you can see in the video.
DIY pirate paper sword
To make a pirate sword, we need
- Thick paper, use cardboard as thick as possible;
- And less thick paper;
- You need to draw a stencil on which you will cut the future blade;
- Cut the figure along the outlined lines;
- If the paper is not thick enough, you can fold the cardboard in half;
- When all the elements are cut out, we supplement the blade with the handle and draw beautifully;
- You can glue the main part with foil, so your blade will not be distinguished from the present.
DIY paper blade
Samurai sword made of paper
A few more options for making a paper sword